Little Hall near York saw the sympathetic conversion of some Grade II Listed barns into living accommodation for our clients.
Working with Native Architects we undertook the complete project, utilising both traditional and sustainable materials to transform these unused buildings into a comfortable family home.
Repair works and repointing were carried out using lime mortar. The use of wood fibre insulation throughout reduce the home‘s energy requirements and preserve the breathable qualities of the building fabric.
- New ground floor using foamglass and limecrete, incorporating underfloor heating
- Full re-roof, repairs to existing structures and insulation
- New aluminium windows
- Full internal insulation of the building envelope using woodfibre products
- Lime plastering throughout
- New heating, plumbing and electrics
- Full decoration using SecilTEK breathable paint
- New external underground drainage system
- Kitchen and sanitaryware installation
- Tiling to floors and bathrooms