We were engaged to carry out a comprehensive programme of external repairs, re-roofing and decoration on this prominent Grade I Listed Building. The scaffold access was a particular challenge as access to the whole of the rear of the building was through a narrow alleyway. Some of the scaffolding had to be positioned above a glass atrium.
- Repairs and decoration to over 220 windows, 19 doors, fascias, soffits, shutters, guttering and downpipes.
- Re-roofing of two buildings using Welsh slate, incorporating full temporary roof structures for protection against the weather.
- Removal of historic lead staining on the atrium glass.
- Repairs and re-painting and gilding of the clock faces and hands.
- Full camera survey and repairs to underground drainage.